After years of talking about games for science, I'm finally going to jump in and make one. I've got an idea (which I will elaborate on soon) and now I'm trying to figure out how to go about implementing it. The challenge right now is to decide which of the infinite options that I should use to make it happen.
My basic requirements are pretty simple:
- the game should be accessible in most Web browsers
- it should run happily on an iPad
- it should have basic graphics (e.g. blocks and arrows) and sounds
- it should talk to a server running Java that will perform some computations and keep track of the data
- it should enable fast prototyping
- I should be able to do the prototyping myself