- Collaboration with the NASA tournament laboratory at Harvard University to use TopCoder innovation contests to improve the BANNER named entity recognition tool using data collected with Amazon Mechanical Turk.
- Collaboration with the Biosemantics group at Leiden University on applications of PubMed-scale knowledge discovery for human genetic diseases.
- Collaboration with UCSD and Stanford to implement an open-access, biomedically-focused installation of the DeepDive knowledge base extraction system.
- Collaboration with the BeFree team from the Integrative Biomedical Informatics Group of the Institut Hospital del Mar d’Investigacions Mèdiques (IMIM) to use the Crowdflower crowdsourcing platform to generate ground truth corpora for training a relation extraction system to be entered in the 2015 BioCreative challenge.
- The development of the knowledge.bio application for browsing networks of extracted knowledge and gathering user feedback for improving the underlying knowledge base.
- Ongoing development of the citizen science application Mark2Cure with an emphasis on its integration with all of the projects listed above.
p.s. We have other openings in related areas!