Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 in haiku

2009 was a big year for me.  Aside from the minor details of finishing my PhD, having my first child, and moving back to California, I started to use my 2 year old Twitter account!  Yes, I know, I'm so unique.  Anyway, when I started tweeting I had the grand idea that I would make all my tweets Haikus.  This didn't last long but I still occasionally try to slip one into the stream.  Inspired by my Twitter inspired poetweetry, I present my year 2009 in Haiku.


January came
with it furious writing
then deliverance

Snowy mountain trip
powdery time of waiting
good news 

Spring offers a test
and with it anxiety
happy its over

The city cooked
in underwear  I coded
while sweating light beer

Clouds return to me
a belly swells with new life
anticipation

Stork flies on cold wind
screams of pain bring fear and joy
intense genesis

Riding on the storm
homecoming is imminent
California

Happy New Year!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments: