Saturday, December 13, 2008

an iPhone future?

Like many of my friends, I am finally coming close to taking the next step in my professional life (or so I like to tell myself) and, of course, I am wondering what direction to take. If I had more of a desire to move to London, I'd love to try to work for Nature Web Publishing, but that seems unlikely at the moment. One of the other possibilities is to go into the family business and help my father build apps for the iPhone like Relations, his first foray into the field.

Here is the obligatory family plug, Relations is a cool new way to organize, navigate, and show off your family pictures on your iPhone. Try it, you will like it! Its even semi-semantic :) - the links between the pictures now have added meaning...

What do you think? Join the family business? Try to continue on in science somehow? Join another startup (like maybe this one)? Start up something on my own? Apply for work at Freebase? Sell oranges on the beach in Jamaica?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oranges on the beach is my vote.

Anonymous said...

...persuade Nature to open an office in San Diego dedicated to trading in mobile apps (and oranges) for scientists...