Saturday, June 28, 2008

the day i tried to live [write]

A verse from Soundgarden's "The day I tried to live" has been echoing in my head for weeks.

Words you say never seem
To live up to the ones
Inside your head

I currently have between 2 and 5 papers actively in process (how many depends on how we decide to split the ideas up) and the feeling is always the same. I think I know what I want to say, but when the words come out, they are as clear as mud - never living up to the visions inside my head. This feeling leads me into seemingly endless, certainly inefficient cycles of revisions that often do not seem to be improving the end product. Upon having a look at the lyrics to that song, I was struck again by its relevance to my current mental predicament.
One more time around
Might do it
One more time around
Might make it
One more time around
Might do it
One more time around
The day I tried to live [write..]

0 comments: